Persons eligible for Membership:
The field of membership is limited to those Federal employees and other persons, associations and organizations having the following common bond and association:
- Any employee of the U.S. Postal Service living or working within the operational area, as approved by the Commissioner, of the General Mail Facility at Chattanooga. The term employee shall include persons employed as Postmaster Relief, Rural Carrier Associate, Rural Carrier Relief, all temporary employees, and contracted employees with a contract equal to six months or more;
- Any employee, contracted employee (with a contract equal to six months or more), or retiree of any department or agency of the Federal Government living or working within the operational area of the General Mail Facility at Chattanooga, as approved by the commissioner.
Employee Group (Business) Membership
Groups of persons with occupational common bonds which are located within the credit union’s operational area, which do not presently have credit union service available, and which have no more members in the group than the maximum number established by the Commissioner for additions under this provision: Provided, however, that the Commissioner may permanently or temporarily revoke the power to add groups under this provision upon a finding, in the Tennessee Department of Financial Institution’s( TDoFl) discretion, that permitting additions under this provision are not in the best interest of the credit union, its members, or the National Credit Union Share Insurance Fund.
Employee groups approved by the Board of Directors under this provision include the following:
- Associates in Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery, P.C.
- Dealers Auto Auction of Chattanooga
- Loomis Armored US
- Sa Hair a Salon
- Southern Auto Body Supply
- Title Guaranty & Trust Company
A number of persons by virtue of their close relationships to a common bond group in the field of membership. These include the following:
- Spouses of persons who died within the field of membership,
- Employees of the Credit Union,
- Immediate families of eligible members or immediate family members of persons eligible for Credit Union membership. Immediate family is defined as any relative by blood or marriage or legal adoption or legal guardianship,
- Volunteers for member organizations.
Election and Qualification of Members:
Membership is determined by election by the Board of Directors as hereinafter provided and by subscription to five (5) or more shares by payment for them in full as hereinafter provided.